Fel-Pro® "Trip of a Century" Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes")
2018 OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR THE UNITED STATES, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, PUERTO RICO, AND CANADA (INCLUDING QUEBEC). DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, PUERTO RICO, OR CANADA (INCLUDING QUEBEC) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
- ELIGIBILITY: NOT OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. PARTICIPATION IS BY INVITATION ONLY. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, U.S. Territory of Puerto Rico, and Canada (including Quebec); who are 18 years of age or older, and the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence (19 in Alabama, Nebraska, British Columbia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Yukon, Nunavut and the Northwest Territories); who work as an automotive technician or are an automotive service/repair shop owner (an "Auto Service Professional") at a shop that sells Fel-Pro Products ( a "Business"); and who have been invited to enter by the Sponsor's Fel-Pro sales representative via a promotional kit sent directly to the individual who uses the Fel-Pro products at their Business. Note: It is each Business's sole responsibility to confirm whether the Business has any policies or restrictions concerning participation in trade programs or the acceptance of trade incentives. The following individuals are not eligible to enter or win the prize: employees, contractors, directors, and officers of DRiV LLC ("Sponsor"), their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and the web design, advertising, fulfillment, legal, administrative, and sweepstakes agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment, and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, "Sweepstakes Parties"), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or "step" of each) and those living in the same household of each such person (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes). Void where prohibited.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on May 15, 2018 at 9:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on July 7, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The Website (as defined below) server is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
- TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, the Auto Service Professionals who have been invited to participate, will log into www.FelProVIP.com (the "Website") and register using the entry code provided solely for his/her use in the promotional kit for one (1) entry ("Entry") into the Sweepstakes. For an Entry to be valid, entrant must complete the registration form with all required information. Any incomplete Entries will be considered ineligible.
All registered entrants with an eligible Entry will receive a Fel-Pro® swag package valued at $20.00 USD, consisting of a customized mug and decal. The swag package will be sent to the address given on the entrant's registration form within six (6) to eight (8) weeks after the end of the Sweepstakes.
Limit one (1) Entry per Auto Service Professional. Standard data rates may apply if you access the Website from your mobile device, and you are solely responsible for any such charges. Only the Auto Service Professional assigned to the unique code may enter and the code may only be used once. The Auto Service Professional entering must be the individual accepting the prize and taking the trip, should they win. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor's decisions.
- DRAWING AND ODDS OF WINNING: Ten (10) potential Grand Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Drawing will be conducted, from all eligible Entries received, on or about July 10, 2018, in Oak Park, Illinois, U.S.A., by a third-party Sweepstakes administrator, whose decisions shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV"):
Ten (10) Grand Prizes: a trip for the winner and one (1) guest ("Guest") from August 16, 2018 through August 19, 2018 to Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A. to attend the Woodward Dream Cruise activities, ARV: $3,500.00 USD/$4,512.55 CAD (conversion as of March 30, 2018).
Grand Prize Package includes: Round-trip coach class air transportation for winner ("Winner") and one verified Guest from a major international airport near winner's residence to the Detroit Metropolitan Airport near Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.; transportation to and from the destination airport and the hotel; and four (4) days/three (3) nights double occupancy standard room stay in a hotel of the Sponsor's choice in the destination city. Itinerary includes: an M1 Concourse track experience (main Friday event), Tours of Automotive Museums (secondary Saturday event) and a Dream Cruise Experience (main Saturday event). All transportation to the events and food/meals will be included at the events.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prize is non-transferable, and no prize substitution permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the prize with one of equal or greater value.
Actual value of Grand Prize may vary depending on Winner's point of travel origin, airfare and hotel fluctuations. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded. Airport, airline, ground transportation and/or hotel accommodations will be determined by the Sponsor. Accommodations are subject to availability and restrictions. Winner may be required to provide a credit card at time of hotel check-in to cover hotel incidentals.
Travel dates will be based on Woodward Dream Cruise events calendar and are at Sponsor's discretion. All travel must be taken between August 16, 2018 and August 19, 2018; no alternative travel dates are available. If Winner is unable to travel during travel dates, as designated by Sponsor, prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected, in Sponsor's sole discretion.
Winner's Guest must be 18 years of age or older and of legal age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence. A minor may accompany Winner as a Guest only if the Winner is the minor's parent or legal guardian. If Grand Prize Winner does not designate an eligible Guest by the designated date specified by Sponsor, the portion of the Grand Prize related to the Guest will be forfeited. Once Guest is selected, he or she may not be substituted, except in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Winner and Winner's Guest must travel on same itinerary, comply with all security requirements for travel and are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents prior to departure date for travel (e.g., a valid government-issued passport, U.S. driver's license). Winner and Guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Winner and Guest must sign and return a release of liability/publicity before travel is booked. If Guest is a minor, the release of liability/publicity must also be signed by Guest's parent or legal guardian. A minor going on the prize trip must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times.
Grand Prize Winner and Guest must provide their own transportation to and from the departure airport. If in the judgment of Sponsor/Administrator air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to destination, Winner will receive ground transportation in lieu of air transportation, and no compensation will be given for such substitution. Travel arrangements are subject to availability and must be round-trip. Flight itinerary may include one or more stops and/or layovers. All airfare, luggage fees, gratuities, excursions fees, alcoholic beverages and any other incidental costs or other expenses not specifically set forth herein are the sole responsibility of Winner. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. Airline tickets are subject to flight variations, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omission whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any Grand Prize-related services or accommodations. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. Additional prize details and travel information to be provided to the winner at the time of notification. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged.
Passes and access tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Grand Prize Winner agrees that event admission is awarded pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to the Grand Prize Winner and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed. Sponsor and/or its prize providers have the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the Grand Prize Winner and/or his or her Guest from any activity at any time without compensation if the Grand Prize Winner's behavior or his or her Guest's behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor, or its prize providers, and in such a case, Grand Prize Winner will still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses relating to the prize. Winner and/or Guest's participation in any or all activities on the prize trip is voluntary.
By participating in this Sweepstakes and submitting an Entry, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements; and (ii) to release and hold the Sweepstakes Parties, including without limitation Sponsor, harmless from and against any and all claims, injuries, damages, losses and liability that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Sweepstakes or from the receipt or use of the prize. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIM: The potential Grand Prize winners are subject to verification, including verification of age and may be required to execute other legal documents set forth in these Official Rules in Sponsor's sole discretion. The potential Grand Prize winners will be contacted on or about July 10, 2018 via the email address and/or phone number collected at the time of registration and will be required to respond via email/phone within two (2) business days of the attempted notification to claim the Grand Prize. Upon Sponsor's receipt of the potential Grand Prize Winner's return response, the potential Grand Prize Winner will be sent, via email, and required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility/Liability Release, Guest Release, W-9/W8-BEN, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release, within three (3) business days of attempted notification or prize may be forfeited. If a potential Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential Winner will be disqualified.
In the event that a potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate entrant, time permitting, who will also be selected in accordance with the Sweepstakes criteria and selection process, even if the disqualified potential Winner's name may have been publicly announced. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Sponsor has no obligation to post any information regarding the award of prizes on the Website or elsewhere or to give out such information by telephone, fax, mail, email or by any other means of communication, but may do so it its sole discretion.
For Canadian residents only: In order to be declared a winner, a time-limited skill-testing question must be correctly answered without assistance of any kind. Any selected entrant who incorrectly answers the time-limited skill-testing question will be disqualified, and an alternate entrant chosen by random draw who must then correctly answer the question.
Taxes: All winners are solely responsible for any federal, state, local, or provincial taxes on any and all prizes awarded to them, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize.
For U.S. Prize Winners Only: Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 form for the Grand Prize value in the month of January following the year your trip is completed. As a condition of winning, the potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete a W-9 Tax Form and will be required to furnish his/her social security number for the sole purpose of preparation of any tax forms as required by law.
For Canadian Prize Winners Only: As a condition of winning, the potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete a W-8BEN U.S. Tax Form and will be required to furnish his/her social insurance number for the sole purpose of preparation of any U.S. tax forms as required by law.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process; to cancel, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes; and, if terminated, randomly select a winner for the Sweepstakes from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received prior to cancellation of the Sweepstakes. In the event that an Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, entrant's sole remedy shall be another Entry into the Sweepstakes.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties, (collectively, "Releasees") resulting from user's participation in, attempt to participate in, or download of any information in connection with participating in the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Releasees for technical problems or technical malfunction, including, without limitation, those arising in connection with any of the following occurrences that may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless, or Internet connectivity, or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts, or providers; garbled, jumbled, or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent to or received; lost, late, delayed, or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes. Releasees are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of the prize or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on promotional materials or on the Website. Use of the Website is at user's own risk. Releasees are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or any other losses of any kind that may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, use of the Website or the download of any information from the Website, or any other loss related to user's participation in the Sweepstakes or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of the prize.
- BINDING ARBITRATION: These Official Rules, the Sweepstakes and any cause of action arising from the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan, U.S.A. (exclusive of its choice of law provisions). Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by final and binding arbitration in accordance with the rules of and shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator, with the proceedings to be held in Southfield, Michigan, U.S.A. and, in the case of any appeal permitted under those rules, exclusive jurisdiction and venue will rest with the federal and state courts in the State of Michigan, U.S.A., County of Oakland. Each party shall bear his/her own legal expenses in such arbitration. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT'S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR THE PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
- PUBLICITY: Except in Tennessee, U.S.A., and where prohibited by law, by accepting the prize, winner grants permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, and address (city and state/province/territory), photograph, voice, image, Entry, and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media (including posting on the Website) now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without further notice and without additional compensation. If you are selected as the winner, your information may also be included in a publicly-available winner list.
- GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, U.S.A., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 10 of these Official Rules, and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall be resolved exclusively in the federal, state and local courts located in Oakland County, Michigan, U.S.A. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
- QUEBEC RESIDENTS: For residents of Quebec, any litigation concerning the conduct or administration of this publicity contest may be submitted to the Regie dus alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation concerning the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Regie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY: In the event that there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between the English-language and the French-language version of these Official Rules or of any Sweepstakes materials, the English version shall prevail, govern, and control.
- NAME OF WINNERS: The names of the Sweepstakes winners will be available by email at email@example.com after verification and will be available through July 30, 2018.
- SPONSOR: DRiV LLC, 27300 W 11 Mile Road, Southfield, Michigan 48034 USA.